The primary duties of a Scheduler include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Assists in developing a master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Complete training to attain safety, quality and production goals.
- Coordinate contingency plan due to equipment failure, material shortages, etc.
- Confers with department leaders to determine status of projects as assigned.
- Prepare procedures, work instructions, reports and documentation to assist internal and external customers.
- Participate in physical monthly, quarterly and year-end logistics and production physical audits following corporate guidelines.
- Prepares production reports and any other reports as required.
- Schedule line products.
- Purchase components for line products.
- Conduct periodic inventories at customers’ locations.
- May be trained as back-up to other purchasing or administrative personnel.
- 0-25% travel may be required.
Core Proficiencies and Skills
Schedulers are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.