Graham Packaging Company is looking for a Packaging Specialist based in York, PA (Farmbrook plant).
We have the following openings available:
7pm to 7am
We offer a fantastic benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match and a student debt & tuition repayment program. Benefits are effective on your first day of employment!
Packaging Specialists are responsible for general housekeeping of the production area, case making, inspecting, and packing of finished product in accordance with established procedures, specifications and other guidelines. The primary duties of a Packaging Specialist include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
- Visually inspect finished product for defects before packing to ensure quality.
- Follow written packing instructions.
- Notify supervisor or lead of potential problems with finished product and/or machinery.
- Grind bottles as necessary, checking for contamination before grinding
- Open and inspect bundles of corrugated material and check for proper printing and defects.
- Stack case/dividers on carts and feed individual cases and dividers into case forming machine.
- Use case making equipment in a safe manner.
- Notify the appropriate coworker or assignee when supplies at the machine need to be replenished.
- Communicate with incoming shift or line replacement on any problems with quality, machine, and packing configurations.
- Assist with rework and heldware to ensure effective completion.
- Assist in the training of regular and temporary workforce in stacking, packing quality, and case machines.
- Keep work area and other facilities clean, orderly and safe.
- Complete written documentation as required.
- Limited travel may be required